By: Paul Goldberg, Staff Writer
The White House this evening announced a policy to ban most transgender Americans from serving in the US armed services. They made the announcement late in the evening hoping to bury it from the news cycle but fortunately it didn’t work!
Following Secretary of Defense Mattis‘ Pentagon policy review ordered by Trump last year, the White House said the policy will state that “transgender persons with a history or diagnosis of gender dysphoria — individuals who the policies state may require substantial medical treatment, including medications and surgery — are disqualified from military service except under certain limited circumstances.”
White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders released a statement indicating that Trump had rescinded his previous policy that is currently in the courts so that his new policy can take its place.
According to press secretary Sanders, under the direction of Defense Secretary James Mattis, the new military policy on transgenders was “developed through extensive study by senior uniformed and civilian leaders, including combat veterans.”
According to a Pentagon memo, exceptions to the transgender ban include people who have been “stable for 36 consecutive months in their biological sex prior to accession,” service members who “do not require a change of gender” and troops who started serving under the Obama administration’s policy prior to the new memo.
“This new policy will enable the military to apply well-established mental and physical health standards including those regarding the use of medical drugs — equally to all individuals who want to join and fight for the best military force the world has ever seen,” said Sanders.
Pentagon spokesmen US Army Maj. Dave Eastburn told CNN…”will continue to comply with federal court rulings and continue to assess and retain transgender service members,” said Eastburn.
Joshua Block, ACLU senior staff attorney said…”What the White House has released tonight is transphobia masquerading as policy. This policy is not based on an evaluation of new evidence. It is reverse-engineered for the sole purpose of carrying out President Trump’s reckless and unconstitutional ban, undermining the ability of transgender service members to serve openly and military readiness as a whole.” said Block.
Trump’s new policy is sure to be challenged in court. We will keep you updated as new developments are made public.
(Lead Photo Courtesy of WBND)
- Dante Colle and Cristiano are Enticing in Cum Worship - December 9, 2022
- Police Arrest Homeless Man for Two Adult Store Robberies - December 8, 2022
- Jackson Wang drops his Intense Come Alive Music Video - December 8, 2022