NANTUCKET, MA — (07-17-19) — Cape and Islands prosecutors have dropped sexual assault charges against actor Kevin Spacey, after the accuser refused to testify earlier this month. The actor was accused of groping an 18-year-old in a bar.
Prosecutors announced their decision to drop the sexual assault charges on Wednesday in a press release saying, “due to the unavailability of the complaining witness.”
“The complaining witness was informed that if he chose to continue to invoke his Fifth Amendment right, the case would not be able to go forward,” the Cape and Islands District Attorney said in today’s press release.
Kevin Spacey Sexual Assault Charges Dropped by Prosecutors
— Liam Martin (@LiamWBZ) July 17, 2019
Kevin Spacey’s accuser, who claimed Spacey got him drunk and groped him at a Nantucket bar in 2016, informed the prosecutor that he refusesd to testify against the actor.
#BREAKING: “My client and his family have shown an enormous amount of courage under difficult circumstances.”
— Eli Rosenberg NBC10 Boston (@EliNBCBoston) July 17, 2019
The attorney for the alleged victim and accuser said in a statement that “my client and his family have shown an enormous amount of courage under difficult circumstances,” said the attorney as he declined to give any further comments on the case.
Spacey had pleaded not guilty to charges of indecent assault and battery filed by prosecutors in January. We attempted to reach out to Spacey’s Lawyer and representatives but so far have not received a response.
Article by: Paul Goldberg, Staff Writer
Latest posts by JRL Charts (see all)
- CORBYN Drops his New F*ck Song “Liquor Talk” [Official MV] - August 18, 2019
- LatinBoyz 18 Year-Old Newcomer Enzo Makes His Debut NSFW - August 18, 2019
- Aaron Reese is The Athletic Supporter (2019) Leon Reddz NSFW - August 17, 2019