UNITED KINGDOM — (03-23-20) — Prime Minister Boris Johnson has announced a complete lock down of the United Kingdom, banning people from leaving their homes or meeting in groups of more than two people as the Government scrambles to enforce social distancing measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
In a public address to the nation Monday afternoon, the Prime Minister said the public will not be allowed to leave their homes except for a specific reasons, and could be fined £30 (USD $34.60) for meeting outside in groups of more than two people.
Watch Prime Minister Boris Johnson Lock down England over COVID-19
“Each and every one of us is now obliged to join together,” Mr Johnson says.
“To halt the spread of this disease. To protect our NHS and to save many many thousands of lives.
“And I know that as they have in the past so many times. The people of this country will rise to that challenge. And we will come through it stronger than ever. We will beat the coronavirus and we will beat it together.”
According to the government’s official guidelines, all non-essential shops will close, as will outdoor gyms, kiosks and places of worship, except for funerals.
The pressure put on prime minister Boris Johnson and Downing Street has been growing.
Under the new lock down, members of the public must not leave their house except to :
1. Shop for essentials, as infrequently as possible
2. Exercise outdoors once per day, alone or with household members
3. Receive medical treatment or provide care Travel to and from work if impossible to work from home
Article by: Paul Goldberg, Staff Writer
Sign Up Below for #JRLCHARTS Breaking News and Follow @JRLCHARTS Daily on Twitter
- Joe Biden Campaign Release ‘Get This Right’ Campaign Ad - September 26, 2020
- Watch Tim Krueger Break In Newcomer Dean Young - September 26, 2020
- Beach Bums EP07: Dickstracted – Riley Finch, Levi Rhodes is a Scorcher - September 26, 2020