WASHINGTON D.C. — (08-26-21) — UPDATE – 12:46 P.M. — The Pentagon is confirming that 12 US Service members were killed Kabul today in a suicide bombing attack. Two explosions, one just outside the Hamid Karzai International Airport in Kabul and the other at the nearby Baron Hotel, caused multiple casualties on Thursday.
The attacks came less than a day after the U.S. Embassy warned U.S. citizens to get out of the area and to not approach the Hamid Karzai International Airport Gate.
Here is what we know so far:
* At least 60 people are wounded and at least six dead, according to Emergency, a trauma center in Kabul.
* Among the killed are 12 U.S. Marines who have yet to be identified.
* The attack is “definitely believed” to have been carried out by the Islamic State group.
U.S. officials confirmed to the JRL CHARTS Politics Desk, they were concerned that further attacks could occur at the Hamid Karzai International Airport following the two explosions.
Taliban official confirmed during their press conference today that at least 13 people were killed. Among the killed were children. The Taliban also reported that several Taliban guards were wounded in the two blasts.
Article by: Paul Goldberg, Staff Writer
(Image Courtesy of Business Insider Australia)
Sign Up Below for #JRLCHARTS Breaking News and Follow @JRLCHARTS Daily on Twitter
- Introducing the Fleshlight Air for Men Commercial - September 24, 2021
- LatinBoyz First Look at Latin Twinks Cesar and Nicholas - September 23, 2021
- Zak Bishop, Dakota Payne X Kyle Wyncrest star in Gym Sluts (2021) - September 23, 2021