PENNSAUKEN, N.J. — (05-22-20) — Continuing with Williams Trading Co’s series on COVID-19, Williams Trading Co shares some quick and helpful tips for brick and mortar stores to convert your business to Curbside Pickup as states start to reopen.
While some states or counties might not allow stores to reopen fully, some are allowing stores to reopen with a curbside pick-up model. Adult retail brick and mortar businesses can easily be able to adopt this model for their own use.
First, one of the easiest ways to convert to Curbside is if your business already has a website where customers can order and pay. If possible, assign time slots for pick up, and designate an area where orders are held within the store. When the customer arrives to pick up their order, you can either have them call the store phone, or text their arrival to a designated number – make sure employees ask for the color, make, and model of the customer’s vehicle, just in case you have more than one pickup at a time.
The best practice for both consumer and store employee safety is to ask that the consumer have their back window or door open so the employee, masked and gloved, can simply place the order in the backseat and avoid contact entirely.
Converting to Curbside Pickup
- If you don’t currently have a website, building one can be quick and inexpensive. While there are many platforms available, Shopify offers a free 90-day trial, and pricing is as low as $29/month. The Shopify app once integrated with Inventory Source is fully compatible with Williams Inventory updates.
- You can link your Shopify site with Inventory Source and load your store inventory onto your Shopify site. The process is quick, easy, and depending on the plan chosen, can be relatively inexpensive. This will make offering customers curbside pickup much easier. (Check with your distributor – they may offer a discount coupon for Inventory Source.)
- Shopify offers a special app called Store Pickup and Collect – Store Pickup provides your customers with a seamless pickup option that integrates with your store’s existing shipping and styling. It has a 14 day free trial, and costs $11/month.
- Setting up a separate number for Store Pick up is easy, simply set up a new Google Voice number. Sign up for Google Voice Go Here.
This is the latest in Williams Trading Co’s COVID-19-related educational releases; each week, new content will be posted across Williams Trading Co’s various media platforms.
Previous content can be found at the links below:
Check the CDC Guidelines Here Shopping for food and other household essentials
Quick Tips How to Safely Remove Disposable Gloves – There’s a right way and a wrong way to take off gloves; this shows you the correct way to remove gloves and avoid contaminating your hands.
It’s Time to Make Your Own Face Mask Here’s how to do it – Complete with printable patterns, diagrams, and instructions.
The Vital Importance of Social Distancing – Why Social Distancing is important to flattening the curve of COVID-19.
Williams Trading Co. Opens Up It’s Williams Trading University e-learning Portal to all Adult channels During the COVID 19 Stay at Home Mandate Period – The award-winning e-Learning platform offers all retailers a chance to brush up or refresh their knowledge with over 150 training modules. This is a great way to pass the time – and earn chances to win prizes.
Williams Trading Co Releases New Course on Williams Trading University – A Retailers Guide to COVID-19 – With information culled directly from the CDC’s website, this module on Williams Trading University offers retailers a guide to best practices when deep cleaning their stores, an overview of symptoms of the virus, and downloadable, printable infographics that can be used as signage or even checklists for store employees.
You Tube – The COVID-19: A Retailer’s Guide YouTube video shares best practices for retailers concerned about COVID-19, tips to sanitizing your store, and how to keep your employees and customers healthy.
Shut In with Recent COVID-19 Travel Restrictions or at Home and Practicing Social Distancing? Game ON! – What better way to boost sales? Whether a brick & mortar location serving the public with curbside service, or an e-commerce site shipping product to consumers, games are a hot item right now.
The COVID-19: A Retailer’s Guide – YouTube video shares best practices for retailers concerned about COVID-19, tips to sanitizing your store, and how to keep your employees and customers healthy.
Each week, Williams Trading Co will upload new, COVID-19 related content to appropriate platforms like the Williams Trading Co blog, the Williams Trading Co. YouTube Channel, Williams Trading Co’s Facebook page and/or Williams Trading Co.’s Twitter.
Article by: Andy Powell, Staff Writer
Sign Up Below for #JRLCHARTS Breaking News and Follow @JRLCHARTS Daily on Twitter
- BiLatin Men Reveal Esqueleto & Fanboy (2021) on Digital - December 8, 2021
- Perfect Fit Brand Leaks The Fat Boy 4.0 & The Breeder for ANME/XBIZ - December 7, 2021
- Tokyo to Recognize Same-Sex Partnerships in 2022 - December 7, 2021