WASHINGTON D.C. — (04-09-20) — President Trump‘s new press secretary Kayleigh McEnany, is well known for her anti-LGBTQ statements and now that she has been promoted from the Trump Re-Election Campaign to Trump’s press secretary, we had to bring you her classic anti-LGBTQ statements!
McEnany is replacing Stephanie Grisham, who ended her $167,000 a year tenure as press secretary without ever holding a press briefing with the media last Tuesday.
In fact kayleigh McEnany is the fourth person to hold the White House press secretary position following Sean Spicer, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, and Stephanie Grisham.
“Throughout her career, Kayleigh McEnany has used her role as a commentator to attack LGBTQ people through the press,” said GLAAD President and CEO Sarah Kate Ellis in a prepared statement. “Whether it be her opposition to marriage equality or her attacks on transgender people, McEnany has shown that she knows how to, and even enjoys using the media to spread dangerous, anti-LGBTQ messages to wide audiences. Unfortunately, in her new role as press secretary, she will have the power to continue doing so, but now with the White House name attached to hers.” said Ellis.
She has appeared on the AM Talk radio show hosted by Tony Perkins, president of the Southern Poverty Law Center designated a hate group, Family Research Council.
A big thanks to GLAAD for putting together a list of Trump’s press secretary Kayleigh McEnany’ Anti-LGBTQ Statements:
1. – Dismissed claims of marriage discrimination prior the Supreme Court’s marriage ruling as nothing more than “farcical blabber.”
2. – Argued against transgender bathroom access on the basis that “that this could be utilized by some men, for instance, to go into female bathrooms, it’s happened at Target, which does have the same policy in place. Voyeurism issues where cameras were put by men taking advantage of the policies, not transgender individuals, men, straight men coming in and really being a predator against women.”
3. – Argued that the Supreme Court’s ruling on marriage equality is a threat to religious rights.
4. – Used another CNN appearance to frame transgender bathroom access as a threat to women and little girls.
5. – Said it was it “awesome” that late Justice Antonin Scalia criticized a pro-marriage equality ruling.
6. – Dismissed openly gay CNN anchor Don Lemon’s concerns about Mike Pence’s anti-LGBTQ views by saying “Mike Pence loves all people.” (video starts at 2:00)
7. – Called modern feminism is an “embarrassment,” suggesting that “the feminists of today reduce women to their sexuality, and in doing so, set women’s rights back by huge strides.”
8. – Disputed that having women in active combat is nothing more than the “radical agenda” of feminists; in the same post, she criticized “award shows, where Hollywood was trying to ban gender-based awards.”
Hopefully her tenue will be short lived as the 2020 presidential election is quickly approaching.
For those who wish to give McEnany your views on her anti-LGBTQ statements, contact her via Twitter @kayleighmcenany.
Article by: Paul Goldberg, Staff Writer
Sign Up Below for #JRLCHARTS Breaking News and Follow @JRLCHARTS Daily on Twitter
- Never Back Down – Javi Gray, Ricky Blue – MenAtPlay - February 28, 2021
- FDA Approves Johnson & Johnson 1 Shot COVID-19 Vaccine - February 27, 2021
- Shadow and Bone Trailer (2021) Sci-Fi TV Series - February 27, 2021