By: Andy Powell, Staff Writer
SAN FRANCISCO – Kicking off their 40th Anniversary, Good Vibrations in association with sex educator and activist “Joani Blank“, are hosting the first of many #40YearsOfPleasure events.
“Bling My Vibe!” is the arty, crafty contest that brings sex community luminaries and Good Vibrations customers together to make art, have fun and celebrate the item that makes Good Vibrations tick: the vibrator.
Bling My Vibe! invites sex and art celebrities as well as members of the public to make an art piece using a simple Smoothie vibrator. The vibrator base will be available at all GV stores for $5 now through April 30, while supplies last.
“For every Smoothie vibrator sold, $1 will be donated directly to Good Vibes’ GiVe program to support community sexual health initiatives; this season’s recipients are Planned Parenthood of Northern California and the Transgender Law Center.”
Once the artist has their vibe, they can paint it, decoupage it, bejewel it, sew it an outfit, or otherwise get creative. These arted- and tarted-up vibes will be displayed at the Good Vibrations Polk Street store during the months of April and May. Winners will be announced during the May Masturbation Month celebration. The top three winners will receive a Good Vibrations gift basket/gift card combo valued at $300, $200, and $100 respectively.
For those wanting encouragement, inspiration, or simply a fun and artsy social outing, Good Vibrations is hosting two special Bling My Vibe Workshops at the Polk Street Good Vibrations for those who want to make vibrator creations together. Participants can bring their own supplies, but hot glue, jewels and more will be provided.
Hosted by Staff Sexologist (and arty collagist) Dr. Carol Queen, the March workshop will be co-hosted by textile artist Jack Davis and the April event by Dottie Lux of Red Hots Burlesque. The events are 4-6 p.m. Saturday, March 25, and Sunday, April 30, at Good Vibations, 1620 Polk St., San Francisco, CA 94109. A $10 fee covers the cost of vibe and materials. Advance tickets are available at Brown Paper Tickets for the March event and the April event.
Rules and Regs:
1. You must use a Good Vibes Smoothie or comparable hard plastic Smoothie-style vibrator as the basis of the art project.
2. You may add any element/s to the vibrator you choose.
3. The finished vibrator will be displayed at Good Vibrations, and photo/s of it become the property of Good Vibrations to be displayed on its website and any other contexts it deems appropriate.
4. Deadline is May 10, 2017. Just drop your creation off at any GV retail location, or mail it to:
Good Vibrations Bling My Vibe
1800 Sutter St., Ste. 700
Concord, CA 94520
Winners will be selected by online vote. If you don’t live near a Good Vibrations store and wish to bling a vibe, please call our Customer Service Center at 1-800-289-8423 to order your Smoothie base.
The artist will retain ownership of the vibrator itself, and the artwork may be claimed after the GV show is over. 18 and over only.
- Carl Nassib NFL Jersey becomes NFL’s Top Seller after Coming Out Gay - June 23, 2021
- Max Campbell Makes His Solo Debut on Sean Cody - June 23, 2021
- Don’t Wake the Boss 2 (2021) Trent King x Rocky Vallarta - June 23, 2021